Catskill Area School Study Council (CASSC) was first organized in 1951
as a partnership between the area's school districts and the State
University College at Oneonta. In 1971, the Council was chartered by
the New York State Board of Regents. Operation of the Study Council
represents one of the longest continuous running education partnerships
in the region.
In 1991, the administrative functions of the
Council were placed under the diretion of the Otsego Northern Catskills
BOCES. However, this arrangement did not alter the Council's standing
partnership with the State University College at Oneonta. The college
continues to house the Council's headquarters on the college campus and
to provide use of their facilities for CASSC's many events.
MEMBERSHIP IN CASSC
in the Catskill Area School Study Council is a prerequisite for
participation in all Council programs. Membership is open to all school
districts in the ONC BOCES and DCMO BOCES.
The Catskill Area
School Study Council is affiliated with the Study Council Alliance of
New York (SCANYS), which allows local members to gain member rate
privileges at any of the Study Council Affiliate programs throughout New