goals of the ONC BOCES Central Business Office (CBO) service are to
meet the non-instructional/business or financial needs of the school
district and to help districts adapt to the 21st century's changing
landscape for delivery of educational services.
CBO services are offered on an a la carte basis because we realize the
needs of the districts and to insure a cost-effective system for the
functions of the school business office.These services also increase
segregation of duties to assist districts in complying with all State
and Federal audit requirements.
CBO staff consists of highly-trained professionals with school district
experiences. The CBO staff's extensive knowledge creates a diverse and
Business Office services include fiscal monitoring, annual reporting to
NYSED and other agencies, cash flow management, payroll, accounts
payable, trial balance, board financial reports, warrant, financial
statement and check reconciliations, financial audit preparation,
Medicaid billing and Claims Auditing. Other financial services provided
to the school district include budget development guidance and
training for the Board of Education, Superintendent, and staff on
operations fully support both WinCap and Finance Manager accounting
software systems and provide full personnel backup for all clients in
every service area.
for Business Office Support was approved as a pilot in 1995 by The New
York State Education Department with the following requirements:
- Centralized Business Office operation
- Shared Business Manager and Support Personnel
- Demonstration of cost effectiveness (before BOCES Aid)
- Participation of two or more districts
- Treasurer must be an employee of the district.
The Central Business Office offers the following Services:
- Management Services
- Advanced Accounting and Finance Services
- Accounts Payable Services
- Payroll Accounting Services
- Medicaid Billing Service
- Student Activity Accounting Service
- Internal Claims Auditing
- Active participation in each district's annual independent audit as well as all Federal and NYS Comptroller's audits.
Please contact Gregory M. Beall, Director, Central Business Office, at 607-588-6291 ext. 136 if you would like him to provide more information about each service.